Monday, March 06, 2006

Kitchen Remodel Day 8

OK, it was Sunday, so I didn't do much work. I basically got the kitchen completely ready for drywalling. I had to cut back the sheet metal on the ducts for the heating vents (they were cut for the old plaster, but since the drywall isn't as thick as plaster, I cut them back a bit). I also ran a phone line for the kitchen, finished off the ventilation for the plumbing, and put up the insulation on the outside wall of the kitchen (this will be the only room in the house with insulation on the outside of the walls. Pretty lame they couldn't insulate 90 years ago before putting up the plaster :-).

So now we're ready for the sheetrocking! I was going to sheetrock, paint, but in the cabinets, countertops, and then do the floor tile last, but I'm thinking I'll sheetrock, paint, tile the floor, THEN do the cabinets and save the countertops for last. It just makes more sense for me to do it that way.

Anyway, I have a big Math exam tonight, so I'll do more work on it once I'm done with the exam. The first part of this week is going to be pretty busy.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:47 PM

    Hey, Tyler. Nice blog. I did one of these once for a writing interest, but discontinued it.

    ReplyDelete