Friday, March 17, 2006

I'm sick

I wasn't able to get any work done yesterday (Thursday). I came home early from work just to get some rest. I HATE being sick. I remember I used to hope I would get sick when I was younger (so I wouldn't have to go to school), now I look at it as nothing more than a hinderance. ARGH! I'm at work again today, but I still feel sicker than a dog. I'm going to see how long it lasts.

I slept for a total 15 hours from yesterday to this morning (2.5 hours when I got home, got up to pick up caiden from karate, then another 12 hours last night) and I'm STILL as tired as I was yesterday. I wonder how long I could sleep if someone put me in a totally dark room with a glass of water (which is really my only reason for waking up). That would be interesting.

Anyway, I'm hoping I can miraculously get better today so I can start to hang a few of my cabinets tonight before we go to the movies with Russ and Randa. We're going to go see V for Vendetta on an IMAX screen. The seating is assigned in these types of theaters, so it should be pretty neat. We already bought our tix, so we're set.

One good thing about being sick is having a wife that cares about you. Alene was so good about buying me some medicine and taking complete care of Caiden last night. She went for a bike ride with him and got him to bed. He fell asleep w/in a half hour for her. It usually takes me at least an hour to get him to bed. She's awesome. I felt so bad that I was so incoherent when she was around. My head was so thick, it was hard to think about what was going on around me.

Thanks for taking care of us honey.

1 comment: