Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Kitchen Remodel Day 21???

Yeah, I keep losing track of the days now. I'm just going to guess.

So I spent part of Sunday and Monday installing the cupboard doors, adding the 3 layers of plywood to the countertops, and installing the island in the middle of the kitchen. Plus, Alene and I moved most of the kitchen stuff (the stuff that wasn't dirty) into the Kitchen on Monday night.

Here is a picture of the cabinets doors going up.



Here is the kitchen with the island and the sub-countertop in







Last night (Tuesday), I cut out the hole for the kitchen sink and installed it. I have not tiled the countertop yet, but I screwed down the cement board around the sink area. We are going to tile right up to the sink, then grout the seams around it. I installed all the plumbing (except for a few parts I need to buy) which included the dishwasher and the garbage disposal. Here are some pictures:









I'm not going to have a ton of time to work on it until next week though. Tonight I have school. I plan on finishing the plumbing fittings, but that is about it. Alene and I are going to a concert at Kilby Court. Tomorrow I'll have a little time to work, but I'll mostly be preparing for our camping trip to Moab this weekend. I may get the backer board put up on the rest of the countertop and the backsplash, but that is about it.

Still, I'm excited at the progress and to be able to be moved half-way in. I can't wait to actually use the dishwasher and the disposal. Many people think "big deal, every house has one", well, I've lived in this house for 7 1/2 years and have not had one, so it is a big deal :-). I'm so thankful for the support and patience Alene has shown with the kitchen. She feels really guilty that she has not been able to help much, but it's not like she's sitting on her butt watching soap opera's or something. She's been working so hard with school and her regular job, as well as her church calling. It's not easy to find the time. I have a flexible schedule and I'm only taking one class, so it is easier for me to get stuff done. Either way, I want her to know I feel like we are together in this. Thanks baby. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:19 PM

    Man, you are going to be happy for that dishwasher!

    ReplyDelete