Friday, July 01, 2005

Random Thoughts......

Meat pies aren't too bad (try them you might like them). Topped one off with some of my homeade chilli that I make.

It's a very proud/tender moment hearing your child say their prayer (even if you have to help them along).

I'm tired all the time.

Got a new bike for Alene. Got a child seat for the back of my bike (if Alene and I want to go on a long bike ride with Caiden; he get's tired on his little bike). We took a night ride over to Liberty park. Caiden did a good job of keeping up. He looks so cute in his little bike helmet.

I wish I had enough money to remodel our kitchen. We will eventually (putting away money into savings is priority right now). It will happen soon. I just want the house to be a place that's nice to come home to.

I have to change the belts on my truck before we go camping this Sunday/Monday. Not looking forward to it.

I love my wife dearly. She's amazing and I sincerely believe I'm the luckiest guy in the world.

I've been a little bored with music lately. I've found at times that silence is golden. I've actually been fine just riding in my truck with no music and no thoughts.

I'm so impatient. I can't wait until I can teach/coach full time.

I wish I had a wave runner to do some water sports. In addition to that thought, I find it funny how greedy I can be. I always have this little wish list of the pricy items in my head. I always think, "If I can just have that one item, I'd be totally happy....." and it seems I'll get one thing, then I'll want something bigger and more expensive. I'm so lame. Still, would be nice to have a wave runner. They're so easy to pull, store, get in and out of a lake, pull a skiier, get wet, etc. Would be fun to get two used ones with a trailer, head to the lake and invite some friends for the day (or half day). Do some BBQing, have some laughs, maybe a few (root) beers. Am I too greedy for coveting something like that? I feel so guilty for some reason?

Anyway, I've got to get my act in gear with my church calling. I'm doing OK, but I always feel like I need to do more. I feel like I should be visiting my boys every other day or something. Like I should take them to the batting cages, or for a little walk-a-man-talk or something? I don't know. I'm sure it will come. I feel so intimidated by their parents though. I don't want them to think I'm taking their boys away from them. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

I'm so glad it's friday.

I have so much more on my mind. I have a friend that is going through cancer right now. He lives in North Carolina and owns a bunch of property here in Utah. He has me do fix-up stuff on them for my spare time extra work. The only hard part is that both places are in Park City or Provo, which are both 30-45 minutes away. I like the extra work, but I hate the drive and by the time I'm home from work, I don't feel like going anywhere for more work. It's tough. He has a few more projects for me, but after that I'm going to have to let him know I can't take them on anymore. I have a wife that I want to spend my extra time with. When I was single, it was so easy to do these extra jobs because I had nothing to come home to. I could take Caiden with me to these jobs if I had him on that day and he would just play with some toys. I can't take my wife with me because she'd be bored out of her mind.

Anyway, I have other side jobs to do coming up too. It's not the whole marriage thing that turns me off of side work lately. I think it's just the fact that I'm always feeling tired. I don't know what's wrong with my body....I'm just tired. Argh.

Anyway, I enjoy that kind of work when I have the energy for it.

I've got a lot of extra work to get done on Saturday. Plus I have to study my lesson for church and get other things done. Lot's to do.

Alene and I might go for a bike ride through the city tonight. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment