Sunday, October 31, 2004

Daylight savings time

So its the fall portion of Daylights savings time (which, by the way, I think is amazing someone has figured out this works). This is a day that we are all to set our clocks back the night before. One extra hour of rest is what they say. Not so for me.

7:00am, my recently turned five year old son, who was up for close to 14 hours the previous day, is up rearing to go. At first he wants to immediately play video games on the X-box (the boy could sit in front of that thing playing Star Wars Battlefront from sun up to sun down). I could imagine his thought process is something like this:

"Star Wars, Star Wars, Star Wars, Star Wars, I want a fruit snack, Star Wars, Star Wars, Star Wars, I want a kid drink".

Anyway, I digress. So my son is asking to play the video game and I'm DOG tired. I'm still in that zone where I'm half asleep and half awake...thinking that since I have time to sleep in, I can fall back asleep. I get the game started for him and jump back in bed. Then my thoughts turn to something like this:

"how are we going to stop #41 this week? I could have Peter play middle linebacker and roam sideline to sideline, then have Semisi help shut down the toss sweep by lining him out on the weak side? Go to sleep Tyler.........TYLER, go to sleep! What about #35? When he comes in, he .....this is getting ridiculous. GO TO SLEEP! #35 only comes in to catch the ball out of the backfield. I have to stay on Trevor about not getting sucked inside and he HAS to remember to drop into the flats. Oh yeah, #31 is the tight end that comes in to only run the corner pattern. Ezra has to keep an eye on him all the time. OK Tyler, you've figure this out when you wake up.....GO TO SLEEP......................oh shit, this is ridiculous."

Then I decide to get out of bed.

Here it is, 10:30 PM and I'm tired as usual. I had planned on taking a nap sometime today, but yeah, that didn't work out. I waste so much time doing nothing. My life is pretty pathetic most of the time, its no wonder I don't have a woman right now. Probably a good thing becaus she'd be disgusted by what I do with my free time: Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment