Monday, October 25, 2004

BLING BLING!!

OK, so I've had money on my mind lately. Not like I want to hoard it, but I wish I had just a little bit more of it. I mean, I make decent money for what I do (40k) but after forking out over $550 of it each month to help with my son, I don't see much of it :-).

Well, this guy I coach my little league team with (Mike, he's the head coach) called me last night and first started talking to me about our team, etc. Then we somehow got on the topic of what he does for a living. He is in the business of buying and selling mortgages to the private industry. He is VP of sales for his company, so he is pretty well-set. He then talked to me about how I'm missing out on his industry and that its a hidden gem that no one is into. He then went onto tell me that he has 18 sales reps located all over the western U.S. who work from home and make anywhere from 4k to 50k per month doing this.

I get INSTANTLY skeptical when people talk about stuff like this. First, I always think its some sort of Multi-level marketing or something. But Mike doesn't seem like that kind of guy that would be into that. He said his company is the largest dealer in mortgage buy-outs and re-sellers. He wasn't bragging, but he said he makes more money than any of his siblings some of which are Dr's, etc.

Anyway, he said he would talk to me about it more, but was basically saying he could hook me up with a job like that.

I think maybe that is why I was missing sleep? I don't know. I just woke up early thinking about how nice it would be to be able to work from home, sell mortgages, and make more money than I could imagine. He said the dudes that bring in 50k a month a REALLY dedicated though and put in about 50 hrs a week. Big whoopee! At times I've put in up to 70 hrs a week!

One thing that comforts me about the legitimate part of this business is that he is always traveling to visit his sales reps, so I know he doesn't work for some fly-by-night company. They actually pay to send him out to these places. Plus he drives a really nice car, has a somewhat large family, and a big house from what everyone tells me.

Anyway, I'm kind of excited to find out more about this. It would be SO nice to be able to have extra cash to finish re-modeling my house, build a play house for Caiden in the back yard, buy that BMW 330i I've been drooling over, take a few low-income kids on my team out for a shopping spree, etc.

Oh well, I guess I better get back to reality (work).

No comments:

Post a Comment