Monday, April 03, 2006

Kitchen stuff....

Got the countertop between the kitchen/dining room tiled yesterday. Alene, April, and I also painted a lot of our trim and set it outside (it was nice and sunny) to dry.

As I think about it though, I really don't think the kitchen will be finished for a while. This week is pretty crazy with me having school tonight and lot's of homework/studying for an exam on Wednesday. I need to use Tuesday for more studying, so I'll basically have Thursday to get the kitchen finished up. However, it's going to be my last day with Caiden and I won't see him for a week after that, so I doubt I'll do the grouting then. Maybe I'll just take Friday off and get it done then????

Anyway, the kitchen project is getting drawn out so long that I just want to GET IT DONE! Even after I grout, I still have the little things like adding the trim and making the wood countertop for the island. It will be nice though, when it's done.

I'm leaving this Friday for Atlanta with Alene. She is only going to be there with me until Sunday night, but it will still be nice to get away with her, even if it's for a short while. I'm going to be meeting up with some people from my department on Monday (we're going to tour the new aquarium there), then they're taking us bass fishing on Tuesday morning (EARLY). I'm not much of a big fisherman, so it should be interesting. I fly home early wednesday morning (just in time for my orthodonitc appointment). I'm going to miss Alene and Caiden though. I used to look forward to getting away and going to Atlana on business. However now that it's not with my family, being gone from them that long sucks.

Anyway, not a ton of pictures, just the few from the bar area (can someone give me a different name to use for this area???? I have no idea what to call it).







No comments:

Post a Comment