Sunday, November 16, 2008

The book case is done!

Finally got the book case done downstairs. Now we have plenty of space for all of our books. I decided to go with building it myself, rather than buying them because I could make it so they fit and filled up the wall completely, wasting no space.

Here are some pictures of the before and after, as well as additional angles:

Before (before the flood)

Basement fix

Before (blank wall)

Basement Repair

After

Book Case

I built each case in the garage separately, then took them downstairs to screw them into the wall:

Book case

Book case

Here are some other angles:

Book Case

Book case

I plan on building a sort of linen box/bench in the center of the book case (that area that still looks undone). The last thing I have left to do down here is to finish the base boards up to the book case, then path all the nail holes and touch up with paint.

As far as getting the basement done, I still have to paint the laundry room and our office room, but they're both really small.

No comments:

Post a Comment