Saturday, October 08, 2005

I feel cursed

We lost another game by ONE POINT today. Again, we killed ourselves.

We're now 3-3. All three losses were by one point. Two of those 3 losses we shut down their team COMPLETELY, except both of those teams returned a KO for a TD and threw two desperation passes for a TD.

Today was crazy. We were up 20-14 and there was one minute left. 4th and 12 from the 25 yard line. I called a cloud coverage, which drops my two OLB's back to help with the pass (and puts 5 guys deep to help defend the pass). The QB is in a shotgun about 7 yards deep. He takes the snap and throws the ball deep to the left corner. One WR is down there. My corner is covering him tight, both my OLB and my FS come over to help. As the ball get's closer, I have 3 of my defenders on their one WR. Their one WR somehow comes down with the catch and falls into the end zone. Tied game. They convert the XP and it's pretty much over. We didn't run the Kick off back for good field position and a few penalties killed us. Game is over.

I felt like I was in the twilight zone.

To top it off, they got in that position to score that TD because of a botched punt snap that went over our punters head and out of the end zone for a safety. That gave them the easy two points to take pressure off them. They get their safety, then we kick to them and they get a chance to put the ball in the end zone on that desperation throw.


Man, I'm mentally drained right now.

I'm going to have to make some changes on the defense now. I'm putting my two tallest, fastest guys at Corner. I have to do it for the sake of the team. I have some smaller guys with a lot of heart that have been playing there, but I can't afford to keep them there.

No comments:

Post a Comment