Friday, December 02, 2005

Sometimes I wish I would take school more serious

Why have I always been content with being mediocre when it comes to school? I feel like such a hypocrite because I'm always stressing to my football players how important good grades are and how much time they should spend on their homework. I hardly ever study for tests (mostly at the last minute) and don't put a lot of energy or thought into papers. At least not often. Sometimes if it's something I'm amazed with, I'll really get into it.

For starters, I HATE math. I find it boring. I like some of the simple algebra and actually find doing some of the problems a good way to warm up my brain and get me "thinking" in general, but some of the stuff we are learning in Math 1010 is just ridiculous. I HATE IT! I'm barely squeaking by though. I've got to get 80% or better on this final exam on Monday. I think I can do it, but if I don't, I'll have to take it over again. That would suck. In the end, it's my fault for not taking it serious enough.

Still, with that said, having to take it over or failing it really doesn't bother me? WHY?? I wish it did. I think it's because it's a class I hate. Now, if it were a history class and I got less than a B, I'd be bothered. I really enjoy my history courses.

Anyway, I hate school. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE learning, but I hate the system that is school in general. I hate all the "certifications" people need that prooves they are ready for the real world. Don't get me wrong (again), I know there is a lot to be learned in classes and no doubt you could get something out of every class, it's just that it's so standardized and boring. Why can't school be stimulating? Shouldn't it be?

Anyway, I'm glad it will be over this next week. I want to take Caiden snowboarding soon and we are getting some good snow dumped on us up in the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment