Monday, November 28, 2005

Gobble Gobble. Had a good turkey day weekend

Caiden went out of town with his mother to visit her father in Phoenix. Alene and I went up to her parents house for some grubbing. There was only nine of us there and about 50 pies to eat!! Throw in the fact that her mom also made about 200 rolls (we got two bags full of them to take home) and rest assured, I'm still trying to recover. Later that night we went with Alene's brother and sister to see Harry Potter. I'm not much into the whole Harry Potter thing (mostly out of pride of the fact that EVERYONE gushes over it), but I thought the movie was pretty entertaining.

Friday I spent a lot of the day getting some errands ran and doing a little shopping (no, I didn't get up at 3am and camp outside the stores). I actually waited for the shopping craze to die down. I went out around 1pm, got Alene's tire fixed, ate a hot dog at Costco, bought some stuff there, Home Depot, and CompUSA. CompUSA had a sick deal: 100 DVD+R's for $20. Had a $30 instant rebate. Not too shabby.

Anyway, spend Saturday working on the house. It has been so long since I've done something meaningful to the house. I hung some pictures and then spent a good portion under the house adding insulation (fiberglass) to the bare parts of the house. Hopefully it will help make things warmer.

Alene, Caiden and I went to Temple square last night (Sunday night). The lights are just as amazing every year I see them. Of course, I pushed the bar even higher as to how our yard needs to be decorated (according to Caiden, our trees need to have as many lights as the trees on Temple square).

Anyway, here are some pictures:





No comments:

Post a Comment