Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Mmmmmmm Cookies

One of the greatest feelings in the world is coming home and finding a box of cookies on your door step with no explaination as to how they got there, who made them, or even what kind they are.

I had the luxury of finding such joy.

I had spent my whole day working at my "regular" job, then came home to get changed and head off to my "other job", which tonight happened to be tiling a tub/shower at my ex in-laws rental duplex. I worked from about 7pm to 12:30am and came home beat. To my suprize this little bundle of joy was left there, so perfect looking.

The exicting thing about un-marked cookies is all the quesitons that run through your head. "Who left them here?" "Do I have a secret admirer?" "Does someone REALLY like me that much?". In fact, my impatience often gets to me and I get frustrated that I DON'T know who it was.

Either way, I'm a happy person. The best part about these cookies is that they are REALLY good. I've never had anything quite like them. They remind me of a combination between ginger snaps (sans the "snap" part because these are rather moist) and double chocolate cookies. I love how, even after being out in the freezing cold, they are still so soft and chewy. I also dig the perfect silver-dollar size of each cookie, so perfect to eat in 1-2 bites.

Life just doesn't get any better than this folks.

To the wonderful person that left this delightful occasion on my door step, I salute you. If you would like to come forward and ease my curiosity, please feel free. You know where to find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment