Tuesday, November 02, 2004

A few more thoughts on this election day

I was watching CNN and a commentary by some dude. He quoted a few statements by regular people, one of which was from some other dudes blog on the internet. I really wish I would know where the location of that particular blog was, but it stated my entire feelings on elections, our leaders, etc.

It read something along the lines of:

I am voting tonight for who I think will be the best president. However, when I wake up tomorrow I will be supporting whoever is in office, whether its the person I voted for or not. However, I will still be critical and voice my opinion when I disagree with the president, whether its the person I voted for or not. I am an American and the only way we will survive as a nation is if we learn to accept others for their difference in views and realize that our ability to have different opinons is what makes this country so great. After this election, we as a country need to unite and support our president, whether we voted for him or not.

Anyway, I'm sure I just totally ruined that dudes statement. In fact, I know I did. I can't do justice to what he wrote. It was like pure poetry. I really wish I could find it. Oh well, if anyone is actually reading this, they will have to try to get the best of what I paraphrased.

Anyway, I'm proud to be an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment