Monday, January 17, 2005

So much going on

My friends and I "competed" in a 24 hour film festival. With this, we were given a theme at 10:30am on Friday morning. Our job was to take that theme (Tolerance) and write, film, edit, and score (music) for a 4 minute movie that cleaverly uses a prop (a postcard) and a line (Sometimes I wonder.....). Anyway, we actually didn't get started on it until about 4pm, so we actually wrote, filmed, edited, and scored music for it in about 18 hours. It was a rush, no doubt. I think we actually did pretty good, but there was 40 participants. The prize is $500 I believe. Anyway, should be fun.

I'm so glad I have the day off today. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to work at all. I just wish I could sleep in every day and not have to worry about money. However, then I start becoming aware of my responsibilities and reality hits. I'm actually very thankful for my job.

Speaking of. I'm a little peeved at the fact that I have not been given a review (read: raise) in about 1 1/2 years now. I'm not sure what the deal is? I know that the company generally issues raises in February, but my date had always been in August. I e-mailed my boss about getting a "review" back in October, but she never responded to it. I'm assuming she is just going to wait until next month to do it like everyone else? Or she just doesn't feel I deserve it? Either way, it would be REALLY nice if I got the raise and had it retro back to my August date :). Since my company is kind of tight with money (a good thing), I'll likely just get the raise and be thankful for anything.

Anyway, I finally started using my DVD burner I installed on my Mac. Its VERY NICE to have. I burned about 25 DVD's for friends and family the other day. I made a DVD of the slide-show videos that were made for my grandparents funerals. I put them on the one DVD so they could both be accessed. I then dropped them off to everyone yesterday. It was nice to get that project out of the way.

I have so many other projects I need to work on as well. I have a GIANT family DVD I'm working on, which just features funny clips from our childhood, as well as photos, etc. This is going to be my belated christmas gift to everyone :). In addition, I have one I made for Caiden, which I'm giving to his grandparents and his mother. I also have a DVD I need to put together for my Cousin's wedding. Needless to say, I'm pretty busy.

OK, time to rest and relax for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment