Thursday, January 06, 2005

I had a horrible dream last night

It was by far, one of my biggest fears: I wasn't going to be able to be a consistent part of my son's life.

I had this dream that my ex-wife was moving to CA with her parents. To top it all off, it was very last minute and I only had a few minutes to be with him and to say goodbye. I knew I would be able to see him on designated vacations and stuff, but I was crying so hard as I hugged him.

I really feel its extremely important that my son has his father in his life. I feel I'm currently involved in his life as much as possible, especially considering that I have him on Tues/Thursday (after I get off work), Saturday, and every other Sunday. I worry about him growing up, if he didn't have me as a figure. I want to teach him so much about life as he grows. I want to be there for him when he needs me. The funny part is, I actually need him too. He teaches me so much about what its like to be as a child. To be as innocent as possible, while also being humble as a child in learning.

Anyway, I was crying so hard in my dream. As they drove away, I fell down in the street, distraught and my face was so covered in tears that I couldn't see a thing.

I then woke up and my face was covered in tears, that I couldn't see a thing. This dream hit me so hard.

I love my son and I always want to be there for him, as he is for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment