Friday, January 21, 2005

24 hour film festival

Well, we did the film I spoke about in an earlier thread. It was pretty neat to see something I was a part of, on a big screen being viewed by total strangers.

The thing that was the funnest about the movie was the fact that a group of us came together, took a spark of an idea and made it bigger and bigger.

I think Russ and Tim deserve the most credit for the film. Tim came up with the basic idea and we all added to it. Tim and Dave (our lead actor) came up with a lot of the shot ideas, the narration, etc. In addition, Tim and Russ did all the editing (which, in my opinion is the hardest part of making a movie).

It was just fun to be a part of the whole thing and see it come to life in less than 24 hours. The only problem I had with it was how dark it appeared on the movie theater screen. When played on my own TV, all the lighting in the movie looks fine. Next year we will have to remember to over-exaggerate the lighting.

Tim also has another film he did that will be in the film festival. I bet he's excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment