Thursday, January 20, 2005

I am so proud of my son

There is no prouder feeling in the world, than when a teacher comes up to you to tell you how advanced he is in his class, compared to the rest. Now, I know my son isn't the next Einstein, but its good to know that the hard work with math cards, alphabet cards, and word cards is paying off for him. He's 5 years old and he can count to 100 on his own. Pretty neat to hear how excited he gets when he finishes counting to 100.

I was watching some videos from when he was around 1 years old. Its amazing how much he has grown since then. His body is so amazing, how it works, grows, lives. Its so precious to hear his heart beating. Tonight we were driving down to Provo and he and I were in my brothers back seats. I leaned over and kind of rested my head on his chest while he sat in his car seat. I expected him to push me away, as I was likely annoying him, but he just put his arm around me and hugged me.

I love that kid.

I've been sicker than a dog the past few days. Not to mention my car just went to heaven, so that wasn't too nice. I could fix it, but it would likely cost about $1300 (need a new clutch, water pump, electrical work, and likely a starter). I'm just going to sell it for next to nothing and buy another car. I need a truck anyway.

Anyway, I was going to say how sick I've been. Its so nice to have a female companion that truely cares about your health. Alene has been such a blessing, coming over as soon as she is available to comfort me. She is so sweet. I'm so blessed.

Anyway, I need to get to bed. This Nyquil and half an Oxycotn is starting to drag me down. Eye-lids aren't staying open. I hope I can get some good, deep sleep tonight. I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment