Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I had an amazing time tonight

Alene told me about a meteor shower that was supposed to be filling the skies tonight. Being that we both lived in the city, I suggested we hike up Ensign Peak, which is above the capital and offers the most beautiful view of the Salt Lake valley, as well as the sky.

We went up at 11pm and found it to be quite warm. The hike only took about 20 minutes or so. The view was amazing. I packed two folding chairs, some hand warmers, and my ipod with a splitter for two sets of head phones. I was prepared :-).

Anyway, we just had a great time sitting up there talking and looking at the stars. A couple of other dudes made their way up there as well, but they kept their distance. As we sat there talking, we listened to Modest Mouse. There is something about that music that totally set the mood for that moment.

Finally, it started to get REALLY cold with the wind coming. We packed it up and headed down the mountain. When we got back to Alenes house, I gave her a quick run-down on the game of Football. I think its so cool that she SINCERELY wants to know about it, that she's not just pretending to be interested to make me happy (at least, that is what I'd like to think) :-).

Anyway, I'm very happy, optimistic and content with my life right now. Everything seems to be working in my favor, and if there is anything that doesn't, I just don't worry about it anymore. I'm strong enough to get over it quickly and move on.

Earlier today I worked out and pimped my blood. I also watched the press release about BYU hiring a new Head Coach. I'm really excited about our new head coach. Bronco Mendenhall is an amazing person and he makes you want to work hard by his presence alone. I would be very greatful and fortunate to be able to work under him someday (pipe dream for the most part though).

I'm getting Caiden a nice set of drums for Christmas. This is seriously like a professional set, almost like it was set up for midget rockers or something. Either way, Caiden is going to have fun with them :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment