Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Time flies when you're having......I mean, uhhhh BUSY!

WOW! Where has the time gone. So many thoughts on so many different things. This is going to be a long Blog, so get ready:

School

School has started....YIPPIE! I'm taking Math 1010 and English 2010. I hate Math, love the English. We have a group project in our English class (which I'm not fond of), but other than that, it rocks and our professor is dope. I hate Math. Nuff said.

Cougarboard.com Golf Tourney

I played in the annual golf tourney that me and a lot of random internet friends and I play in. It was a blast and we played at Talon's cove. Tim and I played in a 4 man-scramble with two of our other internet buddies, Matt, and Jeff. We held last year's distinctive prize as the "most honest foursome" in that we finished dead last and in horrible fashion. This year we finished 5 strokes better than we did last year, but again, we retained our prize as the "most honest foursome" two years running!

The course was beautiful. It's in Saratoga Springs, which is somewhat on the NW side of Utah Lake. It had a beautiful view of the Mt. Timpanogos range and the rest of Utah County. Here are some pictures:

This is a view from the club house looking across the lake



Here is a picture of yours truely



Here is a picture of Tim with his cool shirt (it's an inside joke and I don't have time to explain)



Here is another picture of yours truely in perfect teeing off form



Here is a picture of my ball in the air as it sailed about 1' from my friend Matt's ear when he crouched about 30' in front of me to take a picture as I Tee'd off.



And finally, here is a picture of one of Tim's groupies we found hiding on the 18th hole






Nebraska

Went with my lovely wife to Nebraska last Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and came back on Monday. Alene's brother got married on Saturday in this tiny place outside of York. York is about 2hrs from Omaha, which is the largest city in Nebraska located right on the border of Nebraska/Iowa (I think the Missouri river is the state line?). Anyway, it was beautiful out there. It was located at this old farm house, which was surrounded by a wall of trees and beyond that was nothing but corn fields as well as a few soy bean patches from time to time. Here are some pictures of the place where the wedding was:

These are pictures of the property








Here is a picture of Alene and I



Here is a picture of Alene and April



Here is a picture of Dave & Kelli doing the wedding thing



I loved the trip even more because I found out that my 8th grade FB team that I coach (I had to miss their first game) won 28-0! In addition, I was able to watch the BYU-Boston College game and it just happened to be that they only channel they got out there was airing the game :-). BYU lost though. Oh well, I think they will bounce back. They moved the ball well, just didn't put the ball in the end zone.

The next day we headed into Omaha, dropped off April and Lanik at the airport, then met up with Brian and Jenn (Alene's brother and sis-in-law) to walk around downtown Omaha and get some food. Downtown Omaha is really pretty. It sits on the Missouri river and there was a little tributary of it that ran through the city. Here are some pictures of Omaha.















Alene and I got back into SLC on Monday and Caiden's mom brought him to stay with us for the night. It was so good to see him. It's weird how being gone only a few days and he looks older :-).

On Tuesday morning he started his first day of Kindergarten. He was pretty cool and calm. Just kind of went with the flow. I really know that his 2 years in Pre-school helped him a TON on how to deal with other kids. Caiden is still a shy person, but he's coming out of his shell more and more. He's still doing Karate (and loving it) and is very active. I'm so proud of him!

Anyway, I've got to get to class now. I have a busy week with both of my FB teams having games on Saturday (my 8th grade team and BYU). In addition, I have to teach the Sunday School lesson in church. Should be a fun weekend :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment