Wednesday, May 04, 2005

So it's been a long time :-)

I've been pretty busy with school/finals, preparing a wedding, and working in the yard (when we have nice weather).

I'm not taking classes this summer and the future missus is jealous (I'm sorry honey).

All is well in my life though. I can honestly say I've never been a happier person. Alene brings this happiness into my life. She is amazing and I think God every day for someone like her in my life. I could brag and go on and on about her and never stop. I feel like the luckiest man in this world.

Alene is perfect.

Caiden is doing well. He's been sick lately and has not been able to get over his cough/cold. I drug him up a ton, but it does nothing. I'm worried. I'm going to try to get him into the Dr's office shortly if it doesn't go away by this weekend. The little guy is such a trooper though; he just hacks and coughs and sniffs, but continues to go bonkers everywhere he goes.

I've had so much on my mind lately. Issues relating from the wedding (obviously), home improvement projects, coaching football this fall, and finishing a family DVD slide-show/movie that I promised them for Christmas of last year :-). Oh well, I hope to have it done by July.

I'm stoked for this summer. I have a lot I want to get done. I wish I had the Bling to put a new roof on the house, but it's going to cost about $4k to do it. I'll have to save up for a while. It's going to be a big project because I'm going to "raise the roof" (literally) at the back of my house. It was an add-on and whoever the Genius that added it on back in the 50's made the slope end with barely 6' of head-space for a door. I had to specially order a door for that area, but if I'm going to re-roof it, I'm going to make it "normal" (7.5' roof). I wish I could describe it in words, but needless to say: It sucks. I just wish I had some friggin' dough to fix it. My roof is so bad that I was not able to get the house re-financed because of thd damage. They said I'd have to have it re-roofed before they did it. Oh well.

Anyway, I also have plans on building Caiden the ultimate play-house/fort :-). It's going to give him something he can climb up into as well as a slide, and a larger sandbox underneath. I can't wait to get this built for him.

I'm sooooooo excited about my up-coming wedding. Only 10 more days and it's a done deal. It's the greatest feeling in the world when you know you will be happy forever with this person. We've not had any serious fights or arguments and if anything does seem to bother us, we are good at just communicating it before it gets out of hand. I'm so happy.

Anyway, that is about it for me at this time. I'm going to try to update my blog more often this summer and I'm also going to look into building a web site (not the crappy geocities site I have). Should be dope.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:54 AM

    Dude! Sounds like things are going very well! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete