Thursday, February 12, 2009

Tired

I'm whining like a baby, but I'm tired.

I worked 10 hrs today, which most people actually do every day. I normally wouldn't be tired after working 10 hrs, but considering my brain is trying to absorb a TON of information, it makes me ten times more worn out.

I'm excited for my new job, but it's definitely 10 times harder than I thought it would be. There are so many intricate and dynamic things about watching how much we spend, making the right decisions, reading leases/contracts, dealing with our customer requests, etc. Just a ton to learn.

Some of the stuff I'm getting, while some of the stuff I get about 1/2 of, and some of the stuff I'm completely lost on.

My boss is leaving town to go home for the weekend on Friday, so I will have that day to try to get organized and come up with a clean list of questions about everything he's taught me.

This is still a tough transition. I've gone from a job where I could roll in between 8am and 10am, and take off between 3pm and 5pm, all while I'm wearing jeans, a tee shirt, and my Keens. This job requires me to wear a shirt and tie, suit coat, be in the office before 8am and stick around until 5-6. Lunches have been about 20-30 minutes, then it's back to work.

I'm totally confident I can get into a "groove", but it's going to take a while. My biggest deal of stress comes from the fact that I DON'T want to make a mistake, even though my boss even expects me to. I just don't want to and it stresses the crap out of me just thinking about it.

Add to all of this, my ONE math class I'm taking, but it usually requires 4 sections of homework every week (roughly 10-15 questions per section) and each question has long formulas (interest savings, compound interest, etc.) and may day went like this: 6:30am, wake up; 7:15am, leave for work; 8am-6pm, work; 6:30-8:30pm, eat, try to get a few personal things done and pay attention to my family; 8:30-9:30, watch Lost while trying to do homework (I only did 2 questions during Lost because I had to read the friggin' sub-titles); 9:30pm to midnight, do my homework and study for exam tomorrow.

So I'm tired and I should be in bed, but I'm writing this while I brush my teeth.....oh yeah, I'm also sick (sore throat, sinus problems).

2 comments:

  1. You've always been a great achiever, and a self starter, this isn't anything different. You really have your plate full, we know you are doing this for your family & feel good about it. You will be great, just give it time! You are in our prayers.
    Dad & Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should clone yourself.
    -lana

    ReplyDelete