Sunday, January 18, 2009

Obama's inauguration to cost close to $150 million

HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE? Read the article:


Obama Inauguration to cost $150 million


Yes, I'm aware that $43 million of it was privately raised, but that is still a LOT of dough. The quote that gets me more peeved was stated by the president of his inauguration committee when asked if the general public will view the costs as excessive:

"That is probably not the way the country is going to be looking at it," said committee spokeswoman Linda Douglass. "It is not a celebration of an election. It is a celebration of our common values."

Common values? What? Like spending beyond our means? Over-spending??? I really don't understand that quote one bit.

Look, I'm one that firmly believes that once we elect a president, whether I voted for him or not, I have to support him and hope he leads our country in the right direction, but this grand entrance really pisses me off as an American Citizen and a tax payer. What pisses me off even more is that they're treating Obama like he's a friggin' rock star when he hasn't done squat yet. He has some big decisions to make soon. I really hope he makes the right ones.

3 comments:

  1. The Federal Reserve prints money out of thin air.... long story short 150million should be the least of your worries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that has been going on forever though and it is a worry, but considering our situation right now, I would think the messiah (obama) would ensure he's a bit more conscious of these costs.

    I just don't think it's be best example to set from the get-go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand why it would cost that much. Was it for renting all the port o potties. Thats a lot of port o potties. But people have to pee. I hope he knows what he's doing in there. So far no good. He does give good speaches though. And the change has finally come. We changed parties but not politics. That money should have been given to the american people. We deserve it. We pay enough of our wages as it is. When will the waste stop.

    ReplyDelete