Thursday, July 17, 2008

My wife is the best pregnant woman out there

I say that in terms of everything. She's still cute (even though she doesn't think so), she's in great shape physical shape (still goes to the gym every day), and she's "ready" for our baby to come.

We've been attending hypnobirthing classes together (only one more class to go) and it's been a good experience for me. I'll admit, it didn't start off well as we had gotten in an argument on our way there. I thought for sure were going to bag the whole thing, but we made it through it.

The class has been very helpful in making me more aware of what I need to do as Alene's partner and the role I play. However, a side-affect has also been to learn a bit more about Alene and how she is. Most of that is personal, but we were able to leave one class and at the end discuss an issue which would normally have turned into an argument, but we were able to talk about it and figure out what works best for us. It was a great feeling.

It makes me so proud of her when I hear all these other women tell her that she has a cute belly. I think she should be proud of it (I know she is). I'm so excited to have our baby soon and to be able to experience this. One part that I still have a hard time with is watching the birthing videos. It's VERY hard to watch (not grossed out, just mentally painful), but I'll admit I get pretty misty-eyed when I see that baby and it immediately in the mothers arms and hear it's little crying voice. I know this may sound lame, but I hope our baby has a good set of lungs and cries a lot. I can't wait to hold her and to see Alene hold her and bond with her.

At the same time, I realize how much more work I have to do to prepare. Alene is so good about being prepared and reading on everything (she's read the birthing book 3 times while I haven't finished it). I feel extremely guilty not having finished that book, but I really hope to by the end of this weekend. I also want our birthing plan memorized so I can enforce everything. Lastly, I'm horrible at making sure we practice all the stages of birthing with Alene. We need to get better at that.

Still, I'm excited.

1 comment:

  1. No matter how much you try, I don't think you can every be truly ready. This beautiful baby girl is blessed to be going to you, Alene, and Caiden! I can't wait to met her!!

    ReplyDelete