Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Goodbye to our home......



I'm posting from my computer, which is set up on the counter top of my kitchen. My house is empty, nothing left inside. I'm ready to move on and I'm emotionally detached from it, but there is a little sadness leaving this place I first purchased when I was 23. I've lived here for a long time and I've put a lot of hard work into the place. But I'm VERY ready to move on. It's not been fair for Alene to have to have lived here and we are out-growing this house. Caiden needs a normal neighborhood for a kid where other kids live and he can play with them.

Speaking of, Caiden still has not detached from this place. The past two nights he has cried himself to sleep thinking about leaving. He has lived here his whole life. He makes comments about how if he had to stay here and would die doing it, he would. Or, if this house is for sale when he is older, he is going to buy it. He says he hopes the new people don't change anything so it will be just like he remembers it. He's extremely sad and it's very hard seeing him go through it. I'll give him a couple of weeks at our new place before I think he'll have forgotten about this place.

Anyway, I want to thank my family for all their support and help over the years with this place. I want to thank them for helping to put the roof on and for helping move. It should be an interesting few weeks coming up.

We're now moving into an Inn Town Suites for a week, hopefully less if we can close on my other house sooner. Then, on May 1st, we are out of here for a 5 day trip to Canyonlands. We've put all our camping gear toward the front of the storage unit our stuff is placed in, so that will be convenient. We're really crossing our fingers that we can close before we leave so we know we have a house to come back to.

Wish us luck!

To see more photos of the house we're leaving, click HERE

1 comment:

  1. I remember living in a hotel until our house was done, at first it was fun then you really wanted to be in your own home and get moving on with life. Sorry Caiden is having a hard time.I know how he feels I've been there before at his age.I know he'll be all right.Have a fun time in the Canyonlands. If you need help moving call Jared. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete