Thursday, September 04, 2008

It's peanut butter jelly time

It's been a while since I've blogged. Mostly because I've been pretty busy, despite not having to work a lot since Bailey was born. She's just over 3 weeks old now and we're having fun just getting to know her more. Still, I thought I'd get more sleep than I'm getting, or more time for resting and naps and fun stuff like that. Even though Alene gets up with her every night (especially every 2-3 hours every night), I still wake up with her and don't really fall back asleep until Bailey stops crying, or sometimes I have so much on my mind I can't fall back asleep.

So, not as much sleep. Also, I'm coaching football, which takes a lot of time, but not just high school, I'm also an assistant on Caiden's team, so every day I'm gone from 2pm to close to 8pm coaching football. I still have to check into work a couple of times a week to get some stuff done there. AND, I'm trying to get our basement finished. I've got all the rooms mudded and almost ready for paint except for the main living room, where I have to take out our old heat stove and I'm replacing it with a gas fireplace.

Anyway, I really want to blog about Alene and how wonderful of a mother she has been. I honestly can't say enough about how great she is. When I whine about not getting enough sleep, I whine for both of us really, but more for her. She is the one getting up every 2-3 hours through out the night with Bailey, but here is the thing, she NEVER complains. Not one bit and she does it with an almost glee about her, like she's excited to take care of our baby. I could not ask for a better mother for our child. The thing is she could whine to me if she wanted to because she deserves it, but she never does. If it were me and I had to get up, I'd kind of be grumpy or something. Not her. She's amazing and we don't deserve her.

Bailey is amazing too. I really can see the bond she is forming with Alene. When Alene talks, she just stares at her forever. Bailey loves here so much and obviously depends on her, but she's just so cute when she's mesmerized by her mommy talking to her. I love it too when Bailey cracks a little smile. She definitely has the beautiful smile that her mom has.

Caiden has been busy with football and school. He has games every Saturday and practices 3 nights a week. It's nice for him to be able to get up, get dressed, breakfast, make lunch (usually PB&J or a turkey sandwich), and have him walk off to school with the neighbors. A few kids on his team go to his school and are even in his class, so that's nice for him to start off a new school with kids he knows. The only tough part that I'm not sure how to deal with, is that he had an incident where he was chased home by a couple of bullies yesterday. I still don't know how to deal with that. My first obvious reaction is to tell him to stand his ground and fight them, but I know it's the wrong thing. We're going to see if anything happens again. If it does, we'll take action by contacting the school, but other than that, I hope the kids chasing him were just playing around and Caiden just took them too serious.

This is life though.

1 comment:

  1. Abbey was on the bus in first grade and a big kid said that if she didn't bring him gum the next day he was going to hit her. She wasn't going to tell us. I heard Hanna and her talking about sneeking on the bus and how Hanna would take the hit for her if she had to. It was kindof cute. They were so afraid to get on the bus though, I had to talk to the bus driver and then I talked to the principal. The bully was quiet after that. I guess I am a tattle tale Mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete