Sunday, May 06, 2007

Updates on the house

Well, we had a bit of a scare last week with all the bad weather (lot's of rain). But we only suffered one leak in the bathroom area of the house. It was difficult to get the roof plywood done and get the rest of the tar paper up, but our neighbor Brett was a HUGE help. In fact, on Wednesday night we were able to get about 3/4 of the house covered with tar paper (which will prevent leaking if it rained), however, about 5am on Thursday morning I heard a dripping sound into our toilet and thought Alene was just going to the bathroom, but it continued for about 5 minutes, so I went in and found the leak was dripping directly into the toilet (no need for a bucket, count our blessings). We immediately got our rain gear on and jumped up on the house to nail down the rest of the tar paper. Brett heard us and came out about 6am to help us finish up. It was nice to have that part done.

We've now got all the roof vents and covers for all the pipes (except one). We just need to get the kit for the swamp cooler and we're good to go for shingling. Alene and I shingled the add-on section of the back of the house already and it looks good. I can't wait to get this done.

Here are some pictures of what we've done so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment