Sunday, May 17, 2009

UVU Car show at Thanksgiving point

When I was growing up my dad and mom would always take us to classic car shows. I developed a love for old cars when I was young but it has been a while since I've really been into older cars. Recently my brother purchased an old '51 Chevy and is restoring it from the ground up. He's literally taking it all apart (the engine, the frame, drive shaft, etc.) and re-building it. He bought a sand blaster and has been blasting the engine compartment and frame back to it's original finish. He has the engine torn apart and getting re-machined. He bought a HUGE compressor (the kind you have to bolt down to the ground) and paint gun and plans on painting it in his garage.

Anyway, I'm kind of getting back into those older cars and a lot of great memories have re-surfaced from my youth. I remember just being enamored with older cars and just loving going to "Auto-Rama" with my dad and brothers every year. This year was just as great as me, my dad, my brother's Russ, Jeff, and Billy, and my brother in-law Nate all went. I took a few pictures of my favorite cars.

I don't know what kind of car this was, but it looks like they dipped the body in some sort of copper finish. It was amazing and you could see yourself in the reflection.

05.16.09 UVU Car show

(L-R) Russ in the black shirt, my dad, Jeff, me, Billy

05.16.09 UVU Car show

This old buick was like something out of Mad Max. It had a converted diesel engine in it and it was LOUD. Loved it.

05.16.09 UVU Car show

'69 Chevy Camero - my dream classic car (except I want one in black)

05.16.09 UVU Car show

This is the first car my dad owned when he was 15/16

05.16.09 UVU Car show

I was tempted to take it all off.

05.16.09 UVU Car show

Growing up my parents bought Russ and I one of these mini-bikes. We LOVED it. It looked just like this.

05.16.09 UVU Car show

Evidence

Me & Russ 1983

Jeff found this old Russian motorcycle in the swap meet section and is in the process of buying it.

05.16.09 UVU Car show

We had a great time and I can't wait to go back.

1 comment:

  1. The motorcycle must be a 1963 KMZ "Dnepr" K750M - built in Kiev, Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete