Sunday, October 19, 2008

Football updates

For anyone that cares. My Soph team is now 6-2. We have one game left on the season and if we win, we will finish second in our region. We won our last game 55-12. They scored on our second/third string kids, but it's still fun to be able to get them into the game. I HATE "running up the score" on kids, especially in high school, but we scored our last two TD's with second string kids, so I didn't feel as badly.

I'm really loving coaching. I feel like I learn more and more about the game every year, so it doesn't get boring or stale. Every week I seem to find a new play I can add in and work on the execution, then see it become effective. It's great. I feel like I am really coming into my own as an offensive coordinator. I don't think I'm ready for the big-time (Varsity), but it still feels good to make good decisions on the level I'm coaching.

Caiden's team is now 4-3 with one game left. In his league, they actually have a play-off, so they have a good chance of making the playoffs now. I coach the defense and we have dominated the last 4 games winning 34-7, 26-0, 27-6, and 27-0. If I recall correctly, my defense hasn't allowed a 1st down in the last 3 games (the 6 points from the previous game came from an interception returned for a TD). It will be interesting to see how far we can go in the playoffs.

I'm happy for Caiden because I think he's really getting the understanding of commitment and hard work. There are many times in practice where he get's hurt. He cries, but then he shakes it off and goes back and tries harder. He is turning into a pretty good blocker. I wish I had more time to work with him, but I should have plenty next year when not having to deal with selling a house/moving into a new house, basement floods, etc.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, here are my soph teams stats:

East Sophomore Stats

No comments:

Post a Comment