Thursday, October 18, 2007

Meaning what you say

I consider myself pretty good at figuring out if someone is full of BS or not, especially in the coaching world. I get so tired of hearing coach-speak or when I hear a coach trying to rally his troops with borrowed cliche's and nothing from the heart. I get motivated myself when I hear certain coaches speak and know that every letter of every word that comes out of their mouths, are words that they truly believe.

In the political world, I get so tired of the same things, but also so motivated when I know someone truly believes what they are saying. Newt Gingrich got a great applause for his response to this question. Some like to think he's trying to create fear and sometimes I think those in favor of the war and are in charge, just might be. However, after hearing him describe the war, I too feel SOMETHING has to be done. This doesn't mean I support what we are doing, but I know that SOMETHING must be done to prevent innocent people from being harmed.

Here is his 5 minute reply. I think it's really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment