Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Caiden made the All-Star team

I received a call on Sunday night from the league president. She said that Caiden had been selected to be on the All-Star team representing their league. I thought it was cool because he is on of two 7 year olds on a team consisting mostly of 8 and a few 9 year olds.

This is his first year of playing organized baseball, but he seems to be taking to it OK. If there was one thing that frustrated me, it would be that he's so passive and quiet and it seems he could be making more efforts on his catches and with his running. However, I am proud of him for trying in general.

I think he was selected because of his hitting. If he has a clear strike, he will make contact with the ball. What he needs to work on is not swinging at balls outside of the strike zone (i.e. too high or low).

He has practice every day for the next two weeks (except Sunday), then they play in a tournament. If they make it to the top 3 of the tournament, they will go onto a state tournament. It should be a lot of fun. I'm putting together a video of all his baseball highlights and I'll post it soon.

1 comment: