Saturday, November 11, 2006

Losing sucks

My team lost the championship game today 13-21. It's been a pit in my stomach all day long. As Tim says, it's just a game where 14 year old boys go out on a field and chase around someone with a ball in their hands. That should make perfect sense, but I can't seem to get my mind off the game and figure out some way I could have prepared my boys better to win this game. They've worked so hard and two years in a row go to the championship game, only to get beat and in some ways, beat themselves. It's a tough one to take.

I wish I could just wipe it out of my memory so it would not bother me, but it does and I can't make it stop. I guess it will just take time.

4 comments:

  1. Tyler:

    Watching you out there, it's obvious that you're a great role model for those young men. Losing sucks, it's true, but rest assured that you're making an impact in their lives. That will have a longer-lasting positive effect than any number of wins in youth-league football ever could of. I'm proud of you; you give your heart out there for those young men and they'll never forget you.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt really sad for them too, especially to come so close 2 years in a row. They're good kids, and you've done your best. I know they loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:59 PM

    Tyler off topic but listen to this
    http://www.cinematical.com/2006/10/10/who-slept-with-joey-ramone/

    Just copy and paste the link

    Oh this is Billy by the way

    ReplyDelete
  4. tyler, you're so rad.
    love,
    amanda the great

    ReplyDelete