Monday, August 29, 2005

Alene and I hiked up to Gobblers Knob last night

It's a 3 mile hike up to the top of a mountain that gives you an awesome view of part of the Salt Lake valley and the Great Salt Lake. We drove to the trailhead, which is up Big Cottonwood Canyon and started up the moutain at about 6pm. We arrived to the top at about 9pm. It was a KILLER on my baby cows (calves).

We felt really bad for one couple, who didn't look like they got out and hiked much. They ran into us with confused looks on their faces and asked how to get back down. At first we were assuming they came from where we came from because there were a few other cars at the trailhead and they were the first people we saw. We started giving them directions as to where they should go. But then I reiterated what canyon they came up and the husband said, "the one where you drive to the very top and park". I immediately knew they didn't come up Big Cottonwood and had to have come up Millcreek. They were in for a great hike back! It had to be at least 3-5 miles back to their car. Since it was getting dark and I had an extra flashlight, I gave it to them. I hope they made it back.

Anyway, here are some pictures that we took.


















No comments:

Post a Comment